Why am I always matched with players 2-4 levels above me?

I’m a level 12 at most and trying to climb the ladder up to a better rank. Curiously I’ve been matched 4 consecutive times with opponents who are 2-4 levels above me, not to mention sometimes with better deck than I do. My usual counter tactics are no use against them since their levels are simply too high for me to make a damage. I served good entertainment and confidence-boosting purposes to them, but my rank looks as much like a joke as my resistance against those high players. How does the matching algorithm work now with respect to Events? I could only find answers to algorithms for 1v1 games and top-level players. What happens to the middle or lower guys? Are we acting as bottom of an entertainment-chain to honor the top players now?

1 Like

You’re probably complaining about the same issues you see higher lvl players complaining about

Complaining it might be, I’m asking about the matching algorithms in the Events and for lower-level guys, while many high-level guys were asking algorithms at their level since number of players are scarce. There may be a difference. I just hope the devs won’t be ignorant on player’s feedback.

What I meant is I think the algorithms are similar regardless of level. I regularly play a high deck and a few low decks and the trends are very similar if not the same.

Regarding events matchmaking there is a very long thread about this devs have said 1v1 and event matchmaking use the same algorithms
https://forums.wildbeyondgame.com/t/why-in-the-event-do-i-keep-playing-people-that/56837/155

Same here. I am concluding that almost everybody is lvl 17. Hehehe

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.