Version 2.02 Highlights
Greetings, Commanders! This update is a minor one that introduces additional adjustments to some matchmaking cases and fixes a number of issues around events.
Quality matchmaking continues to be one of the major focuses of the Wild Beyond team, and update 2.02 continues our efforts towards the goals of finding an opponent of equal skill within a reasonable amount of time with more matchmaking queue adjustments.
Most players currently find 1-on-1 matches within 15 seconds. In some cases, however, there are no players currently online who are similar in rank, and finding a match can take a very long time. In our current system, when a player has been in queue for too long, the matchmaker will begin to accept matches over a larger range of medals, which can result in matches that feel unbalanced.
To address this, queues that take a very long time to find a suitable opponent will now trigger a special match between existing queued players where the opponent’s unit stats are slightly adjusted for the match. Here are a few ways these changes will aim to accomplish this:
- Medal gains and losses are based on the adjusted matchup. Players will not gain or lose more medals than they would for any other fair match.
- Opponents whose stats have been adjusted will be anonymized; opponents will only appear as themselves when they are battling with their unmodified deck.
It’s important to note that this affects less than 2% of all battles, and this fraction will decrease as more players fill out the ranks at all levels… This addition will provide even matches and shorter queue times for players who would otherwise have to wait, without creating unfair matches or disrupting anyone’s battle experience.
- Fixed an exploit that sometimes resulted in Event tickets not being deducted.
- Fixed a bug where players on some devices would not be able to access Events at all.
- Fixed an issue where Event Colossal Chests would not properly reward event-specific units in rare cases.
Performance and Crashes
- Improved pre-battle load speeds for some devices.
- Fixed some cases of battle connection issues.