UNIT / TACTIC BALANCE CHANGES
The Ascension are seeing some buffs to Tier 1 units, as they were undertuned compared to their Rogue and Legion counterparts. These changes should help them find their way into “faster” decks and make it more viable to not turtle up and wait to Tech level 3. Tech level 3 units have seen some buffs too in order for Ascension to be a viable competitive choice.
Nano Shield (Giga Commander Tactic)
- Tech requirement reduced from Tech Level 2 to Tech Level 1. Stats reduced accordingly.
- Tech requirement increased from Tech Level 1 to Tech Level 2
- Energy cost reduced from 2 to 1.
Developer Comment For a Tier 2 unit, the Ice Acolyte’s durability was a bit lacking. Its health should now be closer to that of a Pyro or Alchemist, but with added utility befitting of its tech investment.
Leap range doubled.
Developer Comment With its slow movement speed, the Shadowblade would sometimes fail to dispatch a ranged threat quickly enough if it was very far away. This added range should help it complete its assassinations more reliably.
Developer Comment This is specifically to maintain damage breakpoints in accordance with buffs to other units. The Seraph should not play any differently.
- Health +10%
- Armor +10%
- Damage +10%
Research Lab (Avasa Commander Tactic)
Major Nash (Commander)
- Damage bonus aura now matches Rally Point (Tactic). Effects of both will continue to stack with each other.
Reinforcements (Nash Commander Tactic)
- Grunts in Reinforcements now have the same stats as regular Grunts of equivalent level.
- Energy cost reduced from 2 to 1
- Health -15%
- Damage -20%
- Moved from Tech Level 2 to Tech Level 1. Stats reduced accordingly.
Explosion radius +10%
Explosion damage +10%
Developer Comment Pain Cloud has still been having trouble reaching targets and killing things upon death. These increases to its range and durability should help it better perform as intended.
- Health +20%
- Its increased health means it can now also flatten T.E.D.D.Y. and K9.
- Widened the area that it could flatten units to match its model. All-you-can-eat flapjacks (as long as you don’t ask what they’re made of)!
Developer Comment Big Tank’s previous value for its tech and unit energy cost was a bit underwhelming. We also wanted to add “Size +20%” here but it wouldn’t fit in the lane.
Developer Comment The Nuke Truck performs extremely well at turning barriers, bases, and entire armies to ash, but was a bit too tanky to allow for timely counterplays. This health reduction should allow for a little more time for defenders to react and neutralize the threat while not changing Nuke Truck’s effectiveness when it does get in range of its target.
- Energy cost increased from 3 to 4.
- Health +10% (10% More GRRR)