So... When it's clearly the game's fault

I have a screen recording of my event match today in which I “suddenly” received a Connecting to Server error. This happens often. Funny part is, my recording shows me get the error, then open a browser, and check the weather for my location. Clearly, this “error” is on your end. Is there a way we can get reimbursed for our event tickets (and medals during our ranked matches) when this happens?

I mean, it’s bad enough taking an L from a bot with a stacked deck during an event in which we are buying tickets with our jewels, but c’mon guys. I’d attach the video here, but your app won’t open the choose pictures menu on my iPad.

I’ll be happy to email it if necessary.

1 Like

Here’s what i posted last time you posted this same thing.

1 Like

Great information, thank you. My question was about video proof that it was clearly YOUR SYSTEM that caused the problem. So, the previous post doesn’t address the issue.

2 Likes

The clip

Hi. There’s a ton of work we’d love to perform to improve our network connectivity layers reliability. In the months of Feb-April our networking engineering expert was able to focus on this and improve failure rate by an order of magnitude. That said, there’s still more work to be done. We’re a small development team and we don’t have the ability to work on everything at once. This engineer has switched to helping work on a new matchmaking system. This feels like the right priorization as many many people complain about matchmaking problems as their #1 problem, while networking issues are a much more occasional complaint. We obviously wish we could do both. In the future when this game is wildly successful, I hope we have massive teams of expert engineers working on optimizing both problems. For now, we need to focus our development time on matchmaking.

I empathize that it is frustrating when you experience a networking issue. It currently happens in something like 1/100 games —- while issues with unfair matchmaking happen in something like 1/10 games. Were going to focus on that problem first.

On that note, I’m going to sign off and work on that.

1 Like

Thanks for the further information. I appreciate that. And thanks for setting “our” biggest complaint as the priority. I’m sure many of us sincerely appreciate the efforts you guys are putting toward the unfair matching.

:neutral_face:
Seriously.

1 Like

That has happen to me many times. It needs to be looked better into.

2 Likes

That’s great customer service for you.

1 Like

It has happen to me more than ten times just today your data is completely wrong.

2 Likes

It’s happed during almost all of the matches that I’ve played today… that weren’t against myself. And that includes at least 4 tournament matches, of which I payed for 4 of them by buying more tickets.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.