Shadowblade, situationally useless?

Hello there,

I’ve been playing ascension since I joined this game in November/December. Shadowblade was my very first purple card, and I was amazed of how cool it was. I had no idea of how to play this game properly and started to spam 3 of them every match. But eventually I learnt how situational this card is, yet incredibly powerful and definitely a must have in almost every ascension (altought just 1 per deck was more than enough).

It used to be a tech2 unit, forcing you to spend 4 (now 5) energy to use it. Yet it was really really powerful: it could instantly kill Kuro, Roxie, Val and Nash. It was hard to us because you had to get rid of ranged units close to them, but it was still very much worth it.

This is not the case anymore. Ascension assassins are no longer a threat for Roxie, Val or Nash. They do not jump on scouts, I give you that, but it is still the biggest nerf to ascension I’ve seen so far. More even than kestrel hitting ground only.

Just wanted to share my thoughts. Thank you all for reading.

KR,
Román R.

Who needs assassins when you have madness :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I stopped using it because I can’t figure out how it works. I see people drop it, it flies across the screen and shreds my back line. I drop it, it crawls to the front and starts impotently chipping away with at it’s target with no massive charge attack. If I could figure it out, maybe I’d use it. Personally, I think it should be truly invisible to the enemy until it attacks.

1 Like

It looks for ranged units and then uses lunge attack with added attack power. Good especially for laser dogs, cartillery , snipers etc

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.