New update was theft, high level cards lost nearly a full level in the new scaling

You said in your update notes that the new scale would result in existing units being scaled up slightly, however, that isn’t what you’ve done here. My Asc decks and legion decks were all 15+, in the new system, that would be level 44 and above (15/17)*50=44.1, why are all my cards that were previously level 15 now level 40? That’s a loss of almost a full level in the old system and is straight up theft, as many people, myself included, paid money for things that directly translated to levels. Please fix this immediately and scale the previously existing card levels appropriately. Since cards are still scaled on them individual levels for their effectiveness in battle, this is a loss of 8% of each units effectiveness in battle, which creates a major disadvantage for me in events, as I face mostly max level players or people being boosted to fully maxed levels. This and Roxie’s missiles not doing anything is absolute garbage, fix these issues immediately, and test your updates before launching them, this is grossly unacceptable for a game where your top players have spent thousands of dollars to support you and it’s a slap in the face to roxie mains and anyone who hasn’t spent enough to fully max every single card.

4 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

Hey Chucklesb011,

If you check the cards that were level 15 and are now level 40, you’ll notice that we gave you a bunch more copies of that card (18 if it was a common) that will take you almost all the way to the next upgrade level; we also would have gifted you a good amount of dust (56,000 for a common) that would also take you a lot of the way to the next level as well! See the upgrade notes for details and examples. You’ll be the same number of cards away from max and ideally be closer or the same distance dust wise as well. We have also fixed the roxie missiles issue I believe with the live update that recently went out.

Cheers,
S7Dragon

As someone who is no longer getting elite that isn’t very helpful, it will still cost a lot of coins to upgrade which you have by no means gifted us enough to make up for this, and without elite it will take months even with the coins. This is still theft, please don’t try to justify it with the small consolation prizes you’ve handed out, you know damn well that you have not compensated me fairly for the levels you’ve taken away. Please fix this or provide me with a free lifetime of elite and the full amount of coins I would need to restore my cards to their previous power, I used to go monthly on elite as a way of continuing to support the dev team after I had spent significant amounts of money on levels, with the desire to earn the rest of them. This is total BS for non-elite members and for anyone who has spent money leveling up cards, as you have taken actual purchased value away from us.

3 Likes

You’ve also removed the coins for diamonds option from the store, so the only way to get more is by grinding slowly or by purchasing packs, I feel like I’ve given you enough money for one game so please don’t insult me by saying I can easily get back up to the same strength with those units. You have stolen from us with this conversion, make it right.

3 Likes

One level in the old system is roughly 2.9 in the new one, so at level 15 in the old system, considering it should be 44.1 and is now 40, you have effectively stolen my entire last round of updates and then some. Considering about 2/3 of my cards were level 15 that is quite a lot of coins and translates to literally hundreds of dollars that you’ve stolen from me and expect me to put back into this game, either in the form of real money or time, it is still theft.

2 Likes

Regardless of the explanation, Chuck is right. This is flat out theft. I’m sick and tired of you guys pushing these new updates without testing them fully before launching them. This is literally the only game I’ve played that does this. You guys owe us big time. The money we’ve spent to upgrade and all that includes means absolutely nothing now. You guys have some major compensation towards your top players to do, and I suggest you get on it immediately. This is fraud and what S7 has done is illegal. So I suggest, in order to avoid legal action, you get to compensating people.

You guys honestly treat us like idiots. Like we’re too dumb to notice theft taking place. S7 needs to make this right immediately.

1 Like

I’ve mentioned before that from what I can tell part of the rules of seeking in app purchases via Apple is the seller cannot simply remove those things that were paid for by real money. That is what was done in the conversion of cards previously, this change is less of a direct removal but is more of the same. We were told upgrading would be equivalent and it’s not. See my earlier post regarding the change in dust cost.

1 Like

The way the new costs line up, Level 15 is about the equivalent to level 40 - level 16 at level 45. The coins total from 40 to 45 are about 800x the coin cost of 15 - 16 previously, and between the campaign coins and the arena coins you should be able earn 800x coins faster for a max account. For epic and rare units we actually did give level 45 for level 15 because of how the card costs broke out, so you ended up very far ahead on coins for those units. Net, you should have ended up at least equal in terms of remaining coin costs, and quite possibly ahead. If we had done flat multiplication there would have been circumstance where you would have ended up much further away from max, and I’m confident this system is more fair.

You can exchange diamonds for coins still on an as needed basis when you don’t have enough. We’re looking at reintroducing bulk purchases soon. The exchange rate improves as you progress further in the campaign.

On the subject of coins, I just noticed events are no longer rewarding them. So how exactly are we supposed to earn these outrageous amounts of coins that we now need? I asked you if the cost to refresh tickets was going to change, and you assured me that NOTHING about events was changing. Yeah…this seems like a change to me.

1 Like

My units are now less powerful than they were before the update. Enough of the crap, give me my unit power back. I don’t give a rats ass about the cost in the new system, that’s a problem for people who hadn’t already earned or bought the levels. You stole from me and I want what you took returned.

1 Like

How can I do this? You removed the option from the store and the rates provided when you are out of coins in the upgrade section are a rip off. Also, I shouldn’t have to do this, your conversion to the new system should have been based on power levels, not cost. Since you’ve changed the entire currency system at this point you can’t really bring the cost in coins into this discussion. I had earned a power level for every single unit in the core set of what is now level 44, some with money some by grinding it out. Because my opponent pool, including boosted players, is mostly all maxed, this puts me at a disadvantage in events and ranked play with anything other than cards from my main deck. It was theft, and I expect you to make it right.

1 Like

I am well aware that you are increasing the cost in resources to obtain the same power levels we had in the former system, while I disagree with the greedy choice to do so, there is nothing wrong with that. However, reducing some players power level and not others is not acceptable or even legal and that is what you’ve done, as maxed cards were not impacted by this but everyone else ended up with reduced power and effectiveness in battle. While these are digital products, they do hold real money value to them, especially because you allow them to be purchased. You have stolen from your players with this update and it’s disgusting. Fix it.

2 Likes

Before the update, my Seraph was a level 16, I waited to earn enough from the gold mines to purchase the additional Seraph cards I needed from the “store deals” when it was offered. I finally bought All the cards I needed to upgrade my Seraph to a level 17. Now, I just needed the coin, about 125k to do the upgrade and max out my Seraph at 17. I was about to do that. I was earning enough coins. And making sure I had enough dust to do it. Then the update happened. So, I went ahead and upgraded the Seraph with the same amount of cards that would have made it a level 17 already. Instead, my now level 45 Seraph went to a level 46 Seraph and now I’m having to wait even longer now to get it to a 47. That sucks. Because from 47 to 48 will take longer also and so forth till I reach 50 now. Not fair. And not right. I’m upset about that and hoping and waiting patiently that you all will fix it or take care of it.

2 Likes

My madness. Same thing. I have all the cards to get it to 17 max. The hives worms… same thing. I have all the cards to max it out. A few others too, but you get the point. What are you all going to do about that? For those of us that plan our purchases and work strategically based on your models?

2 Likes

I have to say, the update on the 2v2s is brilliant. Love it. Except the cards issue makes me mad :rage:. Trying not to think about it since I love this game so much. For the most part I think you all are great and I think you all will understand what we are saying and fix the card level issues.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.