New player card progression

Devs can we please discuss the new player card progression?

I’ve been playing the game a few months now and have reached level 58. It’s pretty clear already how important season cards are as they appear in pretty much any champion deck I look at. Last seasons cards appear relentlessly in events and ranked play giving the old players a clear advantage. To make this worse I recently found out due to being level 58 I can’t purchase typhoons last level 15. It’s unlikely I will reach max rank this month with the current pace which means I can’t max out even a single factions units no matter how hard I grind…this in turn means I have to compete as a new player without season 1 units and with weak season two units. Ill have to pray season 3 units can make their own stand alone deck and wait 3 months of grinding… it’s a cool concept having season units but it really screws over new players.

3 Likes

It’s hard enough in this event facing hellion without hellion. But a level 17 reaper … my highest card in my event deck is level 12. My highest card I own is 15. This is an unwinnable trash game and completely rigged against new players.

I would like to be able to compete in the events but this one is clearly designed for last seasons players to sweep

2 Likes

Hey that’s me! :hugs:

I’m famous now!

2 Likes

If I recall you put up a pretty good fight for being way outmatched though. :wink:

2 Likes

I appreciate it. It was a good match. Just frustrating to spend crystals and 6/8 fights feel unwinnable from the get go

1 Like

The lack of coins exacerbates the issue further.

3 Likes

I just wanna thank the devs. This event has confirmed in my mind I need to delete this game. It’s impossible for a new player with how stacked they have made it. Best case scenario I’ll need to wait until the end of season 3 to play a fair match. It’s such a joke that season 1 cards are allowed in events and that new players are expected to face such insurmountable odds

2 Likes

The devs are super nice but exceptionally bad at making game design decisions. The only theory I have is that they don’t know how to handle a game without a super deep player base. It’s almost like the best advice would be “make your decision, commit to it, then do exactly its opposite.”

1 Like

It’s not just that there are season cards there but 5 of the cards are season 1 or 2 and if you weren’t in Season 1 chances are you aren’t far in your season 2 progression. On top of that a season 1 card is featured and several cards I consider needed to do well this event are season cards and not well balanced by non-season cards.

1 Like

Honestly I’m somewhat hoping that the Seasonal cards rotate into later seasons and become available again that way. When us newer players become the seasoned veterans we’ll likely be better positioned to get more of them that time around. Also, if you think about it, how many new cards/game mechanics can they reasonably introduce without totally unbalancing the game, so this would also be a good limit on that.