Maybe try a different approach

@S7campusLifer Logically, there just must be a point at which you start listening to the loyal player base rather than continue catering to the people who continue to provide ZERO meaningful contribution.

There must be a small part of each and every dev that acknowledges the source of the original game changing complaints: (to be crystal clear) THE RANKED MATCHMAKING WAS NOT THE PROBLEM! It was PROGRESSION!

People were only complaining because matchmaking was preventing them from upgrading their cards due to losing every match. It gave them no way of evening the paying field to then have fair matches against those higher level players. What they wanted was a way to have even matches with higher level players (THAT MEANS THEY WANTED THE GAME TO PROVIDE A MUCH EASIER MEANS OF LEVELING DECKS!!!) You’ve now slowed progression to a halt, and completely ruined the 2v2 aspect of the game. When are you going to do something about it or just flat out tell us you don’t care???

2 Likes

The game progression & economy is pretty similar to many mobile card collection rpg games found on the mobile market (Hero’s Charge, Summoners War, AFK Arena, Idle Heros, etc.) . Those games manage to be pretty successful with this economy model. If it works for those games, it’s hard to argue it would be impossible for it to work for Wild Beyond.

1 Like

@S7campusLifer
You can keep spouting that nonsense that your progression is similar to those games but we the player of this and many of those games keep telling you it is not. Prior to the cutting back of coin and the addition of dust it was but not now.

My last major game before coming here was Dungeon Boss. I left when they made it all about pay to play and slowed progression. So did many of their player base and the game went from one of the top earning games to in the toilet. I just read they finally undid some of the nonsense over there but it’s too late for me I’m never going back. This game has to realize that they are driving player away with the same kind of crap and once we leave chances are we are never coming back and when we start new games we spread the word through whatever games we move to that this one isn’t good to it’s players. This isn’t a threat, so don’t read it that way, it’s more like pleading to stop going down a path that will kill and has been killing your game.

This was one of the best games I have played and when I joined it was growing, so why is it dying now (and don’t try to argue it’s not we players see how many quit and how few decent guilds are left)? It’s dying because as @Fox said, there is no significant path to progression and no way to become competitive.

Unlike many players I’m kinda happy season 4 is a redo of season 2 it’s boring as hell but I don’t need many season 2 cards so I can collect coin and dust and actually upgrade some older cards without missing out on new cards. I was not looking forward to trying to upgrade new season cards under the current system.

2 Likes

When your goals are to make something a “pretty successful” clone of a different game you squander something that was unique with potential and develop it towards its worst possible version.

You’ve actively taken the worst parts of many games and added them here in a misguided attempt to solve a problem instead of coming up with a new solution.

Also if you combine several games together then yeah your economy model is similar but your economy is much worse.

1 Like

That is not true absolutely not. I play allot of games and the player progression in Wild Beyond is horrible This game is a complete failure just look at the player base. Go look at the teams ranked 15 to 100. It is a waste land of broken teams and inactive players. That’s no fault of the players in those teams that’s your fault. If that’s your measure of success then you better find another job.

1 Like

What possible feedback from the player base could have lead you to believe that the economy needed to be touched at all?

1 Like

That’s easy. There was a general coin shortage. Now there is a dust and card shortage. Replace 1 shortage with 2 and make the new 2 shortages much more severe and then also make it so solving one of the two new shortages results in the other new shortage being ever worse and you result in this incredibly successful game with an enthusiastic, happy and growing playerbase :rofl:

1 Like

@S7campusLifer
So, if I’m understanding your response, you could care less what your own game was before, and you assume transforming it into a copy of the games you mentioned is the best route, regardless of the diminishing player base that is a direct result of the changes?

It seems like yet another decision from the “Well, it works in theory, so it will 100% work in practice. Let’s not test it ourselves or listen to feedback” thought process that has lead us all to this point.

1 Like

Lol…More evidence of sabotage. Drive the player base away and reach the activity minimum to justify shutting down the servers. Absolves them of the liability they would be exposed to if they just shut the game down tomorrow.

1 Like

Ya know the first few times people posted that killing the game is the goal of the devs not just a consequence I thought that was reaching pretty far towards conspiracy.

As time goes on that notion seems more and more reasonable.:sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been saying it since they got rid of ranks. Trust me, I’d love nothing more than to be wrong. However, I can’t imagine any other possible conclusion anyone could come to after every new update.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.