Last seasons units in events

Why for the love of god are new players constantly punished in events for not having last seasons units. It’s infuriating to lose constantly to units like hellion or dragonfly in events. It’s a completely unfair system in basically the most important part of the game for progression.

3 Likes

Dragonfly was a season unit? I’m forgetful, but that doesn’t ring a bell at all. But generally, I agree with the sentiment completely!

Here’s the framework:

• Make it clear seasonal cards are very valuable and you should try hard to get them maxed out before the season is over.
  • If it was easy to get the season card after the season was over, this would not be true. Why bother pushing yourself to get the cards during the season if you can just wait and get them later?

This is how our other games have worked, and they’ve done it successfully for years.

Dragonfly was a seasonal unit. Last season.

It’s a terrible system for new players that discourages newbies from sticking with the game. We are at a severe disadvantage in every event just for joining the game later. The season is meant to give us cards to grind and catch up isn’t it? But instead it constantly frustrates me every event because I’m forced to play with 3/4th the cards that everyone else has. It compounds the problem for a new player to advance because we have a disadvantage in the events designed to farm new cards.

Honestly I don’t care that I can’t get the cards or that they exist in the normal season but the events for this season should have nothing to do with the last season.

2 Likes

I think the point was that new players are severely disadvantaged, and it’s true. As someone who started mid-season, immediately appreciated the urgency of season units and spent the better part of $1000 trying (unsuccessfully) to get them all, I can report he’s not wrong.

I’m not sure what other games you’re referring to here, nor what constitutes success with them, but with as much whining as y’all do about having no dev resources and needing to charge $100 for basically two level ups to keep the doors open, I daresay new players are a market you shouldn’t engineer into a disadvantage. Just thinking out loud here.

3 Likes

The games I have played put the event cards or season cards or special holiday cards in within a month and the ones that went longer DIDN’T REQUIRE THEM IN FUTURE EVENTS. They gave an advantage for their uniqueness but weren’t mandatory to have in events.

1 Like

Here is a prime example of last seasons units rick rolling me into a rage quit. Not only does this player have access to units which new players do not. But also since I am doing well against normal players in the event I get this no win scenario against a player with level 16 units against my level 11 units. His hero also has 2 levels on me. 2 levels I can hope to out skill but 5 levels isn’t even worth the time to finish the match. I just swapped over and downloaded clash royale while I waited to lose

1 Like

The concede button is your friend. I agree that it’s time to bring back last seasons units. Most games you get a week or maybe a month of advantage for the early unlock. I have a feeling that S7 is looking at a whole season advantage before re-releasing them.

At one point they were talking a year… that’s nuts.

1 Like

Ouch. That would be unhealthy for the game. I came in midway through last season and missed all the a Legendary items and didn’t max any of the other units. Imagine missing 2 seasons. That’s 18 cards that can be used against you that you don’t have accessible to build into your deck. I feel bad for the people who just joined and are getting pounded by unavailable cards. It’s such a massive disadvantage.

2 Likes

Right there with you

1 Like