If we MUST get two featured units

Can they please not be T0? Two rally flags are pretty useless against a Nash rush while I’m frantically trying to tech up…

3 Likes

Just wait until you get 3 with your opening draw…honestly this is just getting worse, revenue is down from last month I think and more players are quitting it seems, maybe its time to just let the game die.

1 Like

It didn’t make much difference: 2 rally flags and 2 hive worms… meanwhile he’s beating down my barricade with grunts and sky sharks, it was 2/3 gone before I got a worm out :roll_eyes: I was eight cards in before I got any of the air targeting cards I had.

3 Likes

Dont worry, its a design feature. We designed it to feel as crap as possible in hopes that you finally wise up and move onto a different game, is it working?

3 Likes

It is. These last few events have been a real slog and not fun at all. I only play them to help my alliance when I can. My screen time in the game is falling bit by bit, and my bf (who got me into the game) now only does the bare minimum to help me out with 2s or boss blitz. I think we’re pretty close to done.

Which really sucks, because this is exactly the kind of game we could love and invest in. You have to really try to make something with such strong fundamentals an absolute pain to play.

Meanwhile, though, you were #1 in my bracket when I last checked, so I don’t wanna hear it out of you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I agree…its one of those things where its almost worse because you can see how it could be good…and then it just isnt.

Yeah, I mean…I cant take the virtual currency with me when my time is done so might as well use it. If it makes you feel better, I place alright usually and I still disdain a lot of what theyre doing.

2 Likes

There’s a lot of people that simply log in to say hi to their alliance and make sure they get their alliance quest done. Once the majority figures out that the majority doesn’t really care about the alliance quests or the game in general anymore it’ll be interesting to see what happens.

Will there be enough interested people running alliances to recruit enough to replace those that have given up on the game? Will there be enough new players that slog through the bs long enough to get high enough ranked to get noticed by established alliances?

More and more “veteran” players aren’t finding entertainment here any longer and are leaving and I don’t see enough interested new blood to have high hopes for this games future.

2 Likes

Last event felt dull but I’ve done that event more than any other, this event as well but since my highest lvled card is rally since I used a rush Nash deck to get diamond this month. I’m actually killing it in this event. Since the updated matchmaking a few events ago, it seems the new thing too do is complain about having too many featured cards and rng of card draw. Is that really all there is left to complain about? Everyone has the same featured cards. Rng is rng when it comes to card draw.

I’m just hoping most of the folks playing since I have been playing don’t read too much into the negativity of the forums and quit. Theres nothing wrong with constructive criticism in hopes of the devs make the game better but complaining about everyone having the same 8 cards is absurd in my opinion

1 Like

Honestly…this is the shit I’m talking about. Is this even reasonable?

2 Likes

Use Nash if that’s the best strategy?

It can’t always be val :laughing:

1 Like

My point is that there’s nothing strategic about it. When there are so many required cards in the deck, it’s literally all about draw.

1 Like

This particular event really is all about the draw. Get the right cards early you win get the wrong cards you have no chance to come back.

3 Likes

As an experiment, Freelancer and I are using the same deck. He’s winning almost all his games with it, and I’m losing all of mine. When we watch the replays, it’s obvious from the beginning who will win, just based on the draw.

And this is supposed to be fun, how, devs?

1 Like

Agreed, you guys really are messing up here shoving strategies down our throats by overtaking the featured units. I feel there is not much a return on investment here and feel my time and money is best spent elsewhere. Your development team needs to have serious and frank discussions pertaining to healthy player interaction across all levels of entry. A conversation shouldn’t ever start with, ‘It would be interesting if we…’ Because that is where you lose sight of what matters to your customer base. Dawn of Titans just my be more for me, I see they are well balanced, at least at the moment.

1 Like

I personally love this event. It’s finally not val has massive power over all. It’s finally nash. I just destroyed an opponent with the first 4 cards I had( 2rally, 2 nash power) they were a Roxie and went to t2 right before I won. They stood no chance. Not being rude to player base here but we all, and yes I mean ALL, complained about the fact that all events were val vs val. Now it’s finally not and it’s more complaints… there will be another event, I’m a major rush player some aren’t rush players some are, just get over it. They listened which is better than a lot of games. They may not listen to other things but we can’t expect them to do it all at once. I do believe that some of the new things should’ve come after major problems but this is nice and it seems like the player base just wants to whine. No the 8 spots “isn’t fair” but nothing in life is fair. Again not being rude but just realize what they ARE doing not what they AREN’T.

4 Likes

…that’s literally NOT what people are unhappy about. Like at all. Yes it’s good this isn’t a Val centric event but that’s largely irrelevant to draw issues and featured card selection and amount?

Also, you can win without Val in other events too. Just saying. I’ve beat probably every commander and lost to them too. Your draw and ability to level new units matters a lot more.

This is about balance of event mechanics, not your personal preference on strategy I feel. Not sure what bracket you’re in but I would guess my score is higher than yours and I’ve been running said Roxie that you’re beating so easily. So…I’m guessing that, once again, comes down to your draw. Just saying.

2 Likes

I’m glad the devs think this is fun. They’re free to check my account. I’m done spending. Once I run out of rss I’m out. Getting repeated 3-4 rally point draws is it. Way to ruin the game.

1 Like

It’s obvious Nash has an advantage this event. It’s not the issue. This event is almost entirely decided by the first 8 cards in the deck, half the time you don’t even need to build energy collectors because it’s over before you need them.

2 Likes

My point wasn’t that it’s a Nash event. It’s not, actually. As events go, any commander can work. That’s great and all, but it’s because the match is decided in the first hand of cards.

1 Like

AND they’re not even cards you put in your fucking deck, like 3 rally points. Again.

1 Like