Huge win streaks followed by sabotaged medals and losses

I’m not angry, I just want a response from your team of experts and i believe I deserve a response because I’ve spent almost $2,000 on your game. No one from your company has reached out to me and my many emails and posts on the forums. I think $2,000 deserves at least some kind of recognition.

In the last event I was roughly 45 wins and 3 losses. (The boom battle one) I was in first place for literally the entire time and lost very little and spent very little diamonds. And because I never lost, my medal count was a strong few hundred or so per win per game for the first day and the second day. As soon as the event was coming to a close someone (or some bot) Came up right behind me and won the event in less than three hours or so and my medal count and win streak suddenly was sabotaged.

Now I don’t have exact details because I wasn’t watching too closely (and I will this next event) but it felt like there was something in place that was forcing me to spend money. My medal count quickly fell and I couldn’t catch up with in the time limit. Now settling for second isn’t too bad (but we all know first place is like twice the prize amount) but I knew I was coming first because I won almost every game I played.

If I wanted to come first I would have to spend a lot of money and time to get there which wasn’t the plan for this event. But how does somebody suddenly show up with hundreds of more medals than me and claim first when I was clearly in the lead (I had hundreds of medals in first over second) If the devs have some kind of way of showing the details on this last event and my position in it I would be very curious to see the details.

Now you guys (the game developer) know how much I’ve spent on your game and losing like this was very frustrating because you very well know I’m now in the “coin addiction” stage of your business strategy. I have zero use for “gold” and zero use for cards, so the only thing I’m interested in is getting sweet precious addictive heroin, oops I mean coins.

Please post the details here of my win streak record and when I began to suddenly get crushed so that the community can see what’s going on here. I think I’m being fooled. I’ve been fooled so much in my life, I now know what is looks and smells like. And I don’t like how you guys look or smell.

2 Likes

You should be angry. It’s totally your right.

1 Like

I haven’t yet analyzed your account and have no idea what player or leaderboard you’re referring to. We have no bots or system built to intentionally do the things you’re saying. If you’re seeing someone on the leaderboard, it’s a real person. (Or at least if it’s a bot or someone not playing by the rules, it’s not created by us.)

Our system does contain some bots and other “boosted” matches. These systems have some problems and bugs we want to improve, but they work the same for every player. They’re in no way designed to target making certain people lose or spend money. These matches are never intentionally designed to win with an overwhelming chance of winning — we shoot for providing a 50% win rate for either side of a match generally — for all matches including these. In practice, the underdog and/or bot in these matches is the loser ~65% of the time. We wish we didn’t need to do these things, but we don’t have enough active players. Without them, we had way worse problems. We plan to continue ironing out the problems with these systems and ultimately hope we can remove them if/when we have enough active players. There is a long thread discussing these elsewhere with 130+ replies.

Well thank you for getting back to me. I appreciate an actual response from someone. It saddens me that there’s not a larger player base. I didn’t know that was a huge problem. I think with some advertisement or however you want to reach out to new players by incentivizing them in someway or make it more friendly to newer players this game could be very awesome.

1 Like

If you do somehow have the information on the last event and could post it here that would be very cool to see. I am just curious. I’m sure my guesses aren’t entirely accurate, but I do know I was on a huge streak and then got behind first place by a few hundred medals and I just settled for second at that point. I would have had to spend a lot of diamonds and time to come in first. And maybe that’s what the guy in first place did.

1 Like

So first win of the shootout event I got 37 medals. How is this explained?

1 Like

And the player in first is 900 ahead. I want to know why my first ticket and first win was used on 37 medals.

1 Like

12 medals for my third win. I’m seriously pretty close to just demanding a refund for my $2,000 and reporting the company to Apple.

2 Likes

Please, I really need an explanation of why I am getting 12 medals per win while the others in my division are getting 200-300

1 Like

Hi @Jed

I’m so sorry you’re experiencing problems. I haven’t looked at your battle history but we generally are having multiple terrible bugs in last weeks update, a couple of which could cause this. We’ve already updated our code to fix the problems we know of, but unfortunately it requires an app update through the App Store. More details here: Matchmaking after v2.30 update

1 Like

I know you’re sorry. And I accept apology. But what is going to be done to compensate? My first ticket was a win to get 37 medals while I chatted with the guy in first and his first ticket/win was 300. I’m really feeling exhausted from all the deception in my life and I can’t believe that a gaming company is falling in that category.

2 Likes

Will my medals be adjusted!? Because at this point I’ll be lucky to bet top ten and it wasn’t my fault. I’m fact my win rates are very high across the entire game

1 Like

Im on your Side. Getting only a few medals per win. 5-50. Tell us why some People get 300 and others get way less. I think i won nearly all Games in this Event and im not even top 10 now. Because im getting such few medals per win.

2 Likes

This has been happening to me all event too. I have screenshots of most of them.

1 Like

Here’s a few more. Also, I’ve been on a winstreak for at least 12 games

A few more just to keep the pattern going. I want to see what they have to say about this. I’ve won 95% of my games.

This should be fixed as of the v2.31 update today.

1 Like

How about just assigning a static value for a win? It’d be nice to know that I’m 4 wins behind first. Now there’s no point in trying to win, the “system” will just decide for you.

Because then you don’t feel like you’re gambling? And that’s how they want it to feel

I find it interesting that my guild was far ahead of our paired guild then suddenly they start catching up at a rapid rate, really rapid. And suddenly my wins are 10-12 medals when they were 20-40 medals against similar opponents before.

1 Like