Guild Rankings

I’d like to start a discussion regarding the new way ranking of guilds is done.

Previously guild ranks were based on the PvP standing of guild members. There was a fair amount of movement other than RG who pretty much had a lock on the top spot. The system had the issue of players moving between guilds or simply quitting guilds had a large impact on the standings.

Now the ranks are based on the alliance wars which under the first event scoring led to mostly fairly close scores in the war but with the new scoring leads to wide differences at least from what I’ve seen so far. I’m not sure how it’s working further down the ranking but at the top it doesn’t seem like it’s ever going to move much and since the scores are cumulative RG will simply continue to keep getting further and further out of reach. Also since the system basically pairs teams off within 2-3 ranks of each other it’s never going to have the chance to move much.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

Well you guys are in third atm right? Instead of worrying about what first does. Wouldn’t it make more sense to try and get back to second? I could be viewing it wrong but that seems a bit cart before the horse

I’m not complaining that you guys are in first, you deserve it. I’m saying the new system is a bit screwy. The top 4 only ever match against each other and because you either go up or down by some points based on a single event that happens twice a week the system doesn’t have the flexibility of the old system.

Personally I could care less about who is in first, second, or third. I just don’t think the new system is dynamic. And since medals are cumulative without any degradation or reset, as far as I can tell right now, the gap will keep growing forever.

Back under the old system when your alliance moved up or down or even just maintained a good spot (well not your alliance Pan, you guys just sat at first) you could tell good or bad things were happening on a daily basis. Now you don’t have that.

Got it, do you think part of it is that there seems like a large part of it is what seems to be a fairly massive drop outside the top 4-5?

As I said in the first post, I have no idea if it works well or is more dynamic outside the top few alliances.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.