Events need to be improved

Please go back to one featured unit taking three slots. We get it, you want make money. Gamer morale is exceptionally low. Don’t make events annoying. Give us flexibility.

1 Like

I totally agree but you have to admit that 4 soul thief is great though :joy:

4 Likes

I agree maybe 4-5 max I do like the idea behind shining light on less popular unit combos. It forces players to learn new tactics/uses for cards they might not have used otherwise.

2 Likes

Agreed, get people to use different unit combos but give players the choice for all but 3-4 slots. The featured unit pool will be enough.

1 Like

Why are so many bots in events? They are no longer competition amongst players. I have had 5 matches in the latest event…4 against overpowered bots. Ridiculous.

1 Like

Do your marketing people know that pissed off customers are less likely to spend money? This isn’t rocket science or neurosurgery. It’s simple consumer behaviour. Happy customers spend more money. Simple. You guys don’t seem to have the slightest clue. Or, maybe you don’t give a shit?

2 Likes

Actually this event I’ve seen less bots/boosted players than normal. But hard to know what to make of that, it’s just one observance by one player.

It’s not the bots that I’m concerned about for this event it’s the fact that the metals gained for this event is completely off putting from previous events. I don’t understand how the Person in first place has 18,000 medals, But I am only getting roughly 300 to 400 medals per win at this point. So either the middle system is off, or this event truly is who has the most money will win. All the complaining before just threw this event off, now I have to spend many many many ticket refreshes in order to come in first when before I had to do was play smart and I didn’t have to spend as much to come in first every event. I have come in first for the last six events and believe that this is due to some sort of skill and not buying power, Because the people behind me were already at 1000 gems per refresh when I only had to spend 115 to refresh mine. It will be literally impossible for me to catch up at this point because I started a little late so I missed out on roughly 4 to 8 normal refresh timer tickets. I guess we will see you at the end of the event what will happen.

2 Likes

I have continued a discussion in the events section of the forum.

2 Likes

As long as the whales are happy and spending the devs don’t seem to care. When that happens, the game goes into a death spiral.

I checked, and you only played one bot in the event (and you defeated it). It looks like you had a rough start, but finished strongly. I hope that means you cracked the strategy for this event and had more fun at the end!

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, how do people even get matched with bots? I feel like I’ve been matched with bots in events before, based on name/alliance, behavior, emotes, etc, but I guarantee 100% I have never (ever) waited 5 minutes for an event match. Gauntlet, sometimes, sure, but nowhere else.

Edit: one thing I just thought of…if my timer hits a minute, I usually start hovering over the cancel button, and it’s usually no more than a few seconds before I hit it. A majority of the time, as soon as I hit “cancel”, I get buzzed that an opponent was found and go right into battle loading. Are there cases like that, where a cancel matchmaking can trigger a bit match before a 5 minute wait?

1 Like

For events, after players have won a few matches we only give them a bot to play against if we cannot find a match in 5 minutes. However, the first few matches we have a shorter time limit. Though bot matches happen, they are rare (most players get none; the top half dozen or so players get the most because at their high strength [skill+cards] it is hardest to find them matches but even then fewer than 10% of their event matches are bots). You’ll probably know when you play bots because they are much worse at the game than any human player with a little experience.

If you see players unknown guilds and names, you’re probably fighting in a handicapped match. That’s a complex topic in and of itself, so I’ll refer you to other forum threads if you want to dive into how that works, why we do it and believe it is a good thing, etc.

2 Likes

S7Dave, I think when we the players say bots, we are referring both to full bots and fake players who have boosted units and are actually played by a real player. When you guys say the players do well against bots, how do we do against boosted players or handicap matches as you called them here. I know when you guys have told me I only played a few bots and I didn’t get it, it was because I was thinking of boosted players. Those are the ones most people object to.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think I’m definitely guilty of combining those two scenarios into the term “bots.”

Matches which involve boosted players have a win rate close to 50% for both the boosted and unboosted player (!). The goal of the boosting system is to get players into fair matchups (i.e., 50/50 chance of winning) more quickly.

Both boosted AND unboosted matches can involve cards of rather different levels. This is because some players are more skilled than others (due to experience with the deck they’re playing and the game in general, etc.) and we match on skill.

If we could always quickly find a player with exactly equal card levels and exactly equal skill, then we’d do that – I think it’s clear that would feel and be most fair. But given the practical constraint of everyone having very different card and skill levels, we choose to focus on finding quick, fair matches – even if those matches happen to involve cards of different levels (but those different levels don’t mean the match isn’t fair – at least from a “who will win” standpoint, it should be the case that if both players play many times they’ll both win about half of the time).

Was going to post in Event thread but it is closed.

The new system is easy to explain, spend to win. That’s it.

The old system gave all players a chance to compete. The new system does not do that and instead is causing players to quit. Either that or consolidating power in a very small number of Alliances. Same thing happened during that last major update.

Right now what is being created is frustration and upheaval.

Just an fyi bots and boosted players are both called bots by the player base. So when someone complains about getting creamed by over-boosted bots they are likely just referring to the boosted players there’s a 100+ post thread about. Many suggestions about this problem or perceived problem have been given in that thread but afaik there has been no significant movement on that issue other than adding “bots” into 2v2 in addition to 1v1 and events.

Edit: I was mistaken there was a change a week ago and I didn’t notice so at a minimum it at least wasn’t bad and quit possibly an improvement.

1 Like

Let’s not turn this thread into a discussion of “boosted” matches. There’s an existing thread with 160 replies on the topic: Why, in the event, do I keep playing people that

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.